The Parents Fund for Student Life and Leadership
The Parents Fund is a tradition that benefits the University’s top priority: your children. The fund supports student life programs and activities for all undergraduates, providing an essential balance to the rigorous academics of a Seton Hall education.
Your gift to the Parents Fund supports important initiatives like:
- The Student Government Association Fund helps campus organizations take advantage of new opportunities. In the past, the fund has been used to help pay for guest speakers, travel expenses for conferences and competitions and enhanced service-learning opportunities.
- The Foundations of Leadership Program is a six-week program for first-year students that explores leadership concepts through interactive activities and reflection. Past participants credit the program with helping them achieve academic and personal fulfillment at Seton Hall.
- The Student Leadership Conference gives students a head start on creating successful lives and careers. Topics include developing a personal leadership style, constructing an efficient budget, achieving work-life balance and hosting effective meetings, among several others.
- The SHU Speaks Lecture Series features notable individuals who share insights about personal and professional leadership. Past speakers include baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. and documentary filmmaker Jennifer Siebel-Newsom.
- Finally, when unexpected financial needs arise, Seton Hall provides immediate assistance through the Student Emergency Fund. It typically covers amounts of a few hundred dollars or less so students can travel home or pay for needed academic or personal expenses.
Your support, at any level, will directly enhance your child’s experience as a Pirate.
Donating to The Parents Fund for Student Life and Leadership fulfills a True Blue requirement! Are you True Blue? Find out »
If you have any questions about donating or would like to make a donation over the phone, please call the Seton Hall Parents Fund office at (973) 378-2635.